Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Sunday, April 6, 2008

This is my very first post. Sunday was absolutely gorgeous! The sky was that shade of sapphire blue that we rarely see any other time but in early spring. Unfortunately, the pollen was flying, too. Nonetheless, it was an exceptionally beautiful day, a day made for taking pictures.
Dillon, my 16-year-old son, had promised he would make a small excursion with me to a neighborhood park, to let me shoot pictures of him. I had guaranteed him that they would be cool and artistic, and if he wanted to take on a dark and moody countenance in them, he could. Anything to get pictures of him. But, he reneged at the last moment. It just was not cool for a mom to be taking her teenage son's pictures. No way!
I was hell-bent on shooting that day, after what seemed like an eternity of gray days and endless rain, but time was running out and I need to get back to church for a meeting. That's how I wound up shooting our children's church playground. The bright colors were irresistible, and the late afternoon was reflecting off the curves and corners of the various odd shapes.
I had my real fun, though, in Photoshop, when I melded three of the photos together into one image, a digital collage of primary colors, light and shadow.

No comments: